Apply for the Association Scholarship now !
The 41st Infantry Battalion Association (sponsored and funded by the Crandon Family) offers nominees the chance to be a finalist (max 3 selected)
Finalists receive a payment of up to
$1,000 to the winner
$500 for 2nd place and
$250 for 3rd place finalists
The scholarship is open to all members of the 41st Battalion or CSSB attached , annually in recognition of leadership in the organisation
There is now NO REQUIREMENT to be studying.
Eligibility Criteria ( amended 8 Aug 2021)
- Member of 41 RNSWR or posted to sub unit location (ie CSSB members)
- AIRN compliant
- Rank Private to LT
- Have completed 20 Days service (or tracking towards)
- Member of the 41st Battalion or a member of a CSSB posted to and parading regularly at a unit depot location
- Not have been awarded 1st place in the scholarship previously
Please complete the entry form below
Nominations close 30 Jun annually with the 3 finalists presenting either a face to face presentation at BHQ Lismore or a digital presentation, before a panel presenting a topic as advised for 15 mins.
The winner will be required to complete a short presentation (30 minutes) to the Association members in Aug ,where upon all the finalists will be presented cheques for their achievements .
- Winner receives $1,000 , Certificate and free membership of the association Jul - Dec
- Runner up receives $500 , Certificate and free membership of the association Jul - Dec
-Third place receives $250 , Certificate and free membership of the association Jul - Dec
Association Extra Leadership Opportunity (voluntary and not a prerequiste for a nomination for the scholarship)
We offer ANY nominee an opportunity to build awareness of of the association at your depot is available, just selectThis is a non Defence voluntary role, a small time commitment but can make a difference in supporting the soldiers at your location, duties include
- Identify and email the Association secretary name of any members deployed so that we can send a care package (with members permission)
- Identify at your depot any opportunity for financial assistance from the association for the local members i.e BBQ end of a weekend
- Send to association secretary any non classified cleared by your chain of command pictures from training weekend so that we can post on the website
- Promote to local members awareness of the association
- Provide a update of association activity in your area for each of the 3 association meetings (could be a Nil return)
See details of Criteria and about the presentation you would need to present if you are a finalist (max THREE) .
Extract from the Guideline for presentation the presentation if a FINALIST
Finalists are allocated 15 minutes to complete their presentation to the ASP (Assoc Scholarship Panel)
Presentations are to be constructed and delivered using a multimedia format and
finalists are encouraged to use any additional multimedia aids that will enhance their
a. The topic for the Tuesday night Candidate presentation to the ASP is:
(1) Select a military leader and explain why they inspire you?
(2) What have you learnt from their actions?
(3) What makes you a worthy candidate for this Leadership Scholarship?
(4) What would winning this Leadership Scholarship mean to you?
Leadership Scholarship Guideline. Conduct, Criteria -41st Infantry Battalion Association Inc.pdf
Size : 148.695 Kb
Type : pdf
Annex A. Leadership Scholarship Presentation Marking guide.pdf
Size : 178.951 Kb
Type : pdf
41RNSWR Scholarship Application Form