he 41st Infantry Battalion Association (1st prize funded by the Crandon Family 2nd/3rd Prize's funded by Craig Yates ) offers nominees the chance to be a finalist (max 3 selected)
Finalists receive a payment of up to
$1,000 to the winner
$500 for 2nd place and
$250 for 3rd place finalists
The scholarship is open to all members of the 41st Battalion or CSSB members attached to the unit.
There is no longer a REQUIREMENT to be studying.
- Member of 41 RNSWR or posted to sub unit location (ie CSSB members)
- AIRN compliant
- Rank Private to LT
- Have completed 20 Days service (or tracking towards)
- Not have been awarded 1st place in the scholarship previously
Please complete the entry form below
Nominations close 30 Jun annually with the 3 finalists presenting either a face to face presentation at BHQ Lismore or a digital presentation, before a panel presenting a topic as advised for 15 mins.
The winner will be required to complete a short presentation (15-20 minutes) to the Association members, normally in Aug or Nov ,where upon all the finalists will be presented cheques for their achievements .
- Winner receives $1,000 , Certificate and free membership of the association for the remainder of this year (Jul - Dec)
- Runner up receives $500 , Certificate and free membership of the association for the remainder of this year (Jul - Dec)
-Third place receives $250 , Certificate and free membership of the association for the remainder of this year (Jul - Dec)
Association Extra Leadership Opportunity (voluntary and not a prerequiste for a nomination for the scholarship nor expectation)
We offer ANY nominee an opportunity to build awareness of of the association at your depot is available, just select when nominating this is a non Defence voluntary role, a small time commitment but can make a difference in supporting the soldiers at your location, duties include
- Identify and email the Association secretary name of any members deployed so that we can send a care package (with members permission)
- Identify at your depot any opportunity for financial assistance from the association for the local members i.e BBQ end of a weekend
- Send to association secretary any non classified cleared by your chain of command pictures from training weekend so that we can post on the website
- Promote to local members awareness of the association and benefits of membership
- Provide a update of association activity in your area for each of the 3 association meetings (could be a Nil return)
See details of Criteria and about the presentation you would need to present if you are a finalist (max THREE) .
Extract from the Guideline for presentation the presentation if a FINALIST
Finalists are allocated 15 minutes to complete their presentation to the ASP (Assoc Scholarship Panel)
Presentations are to be constructed and delivered using a multimedia format and
finalists are encouraged to use any additional multimedia aids that will enhance their
The winner of the Scholarship presents their winning presentation to the members of the association , either in person or by digital means at which time the winner and all finalists receive their payment .
The winners presentation would be at the association meeting normally Aug or Nov.
The marking guide used by the panel is attached to assist you to prepare for your presentation
Annex A. Leadership Scholarship Presentation Marking guide, 2024..pdf
Size : 199.178 Kb
Type : pdf